Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Google Ads

Search

Advanced Search

Copyright and permissions for the Mushware tree

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
southa

United Kingdom UK Cambridgeshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:13 pm   Post subject:  Copyright and permissions for the Mushware tree Back to top 

Mushware copyright follows the basic scheme described here. There's me, Andy Southgate, the author, and Mushware Limited, a company of which I am the sole shareholder, director and employee.

Material which is generally useful is distributed under the most relaxed terms I can come up with.

1. The software is first published in the UK and subject to the UK Copyright Act of 1988.
  2. This act does not define 'Public Domain', but instead allow the author to irrevocably waive their rights to the work using a written waiver.
  3. Mushware agrees that Andy keeps copyright for the software he writes in connection with this project.
  4. Andy writes and signs an irrevocable and indefinite waiver of copyright rights in the particular released files under UK law and, as far as possible, under the Berne Convention as well.
  5. Anybody can choose the parts of the software they need, modify it a bit, put their own copyright notice at the top, and everybody's happy.

The intention of this scheme is that:

• The software is easy to use, especially in commercial projects.
  • No attribution is required.
  • The software remains free to use if Andy or Mushware sell their copyright rights.

Specific game content may carry a more restrictive licence, and the various libraries used carry their own conditions. Please check file headers, etc.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic