Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Google Ads

Search

Advanced Search

Edit MXF videos in Premiere

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
monica66

Antigua and Barbuda AU South Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 am   Post subject:  Edit MXF videos in Premiere Back to top 

Realistically, most any PrPro from CS6 on should handle those mxf files "native" without a problem. I would note, I never use a preset for importing ... in the CC versions, you navigate to footage in the Media browser & select it ... then right-click selecting "Import", then go to the Project panel and easiest way is to click & drag a clip into the empty timeline area & let go, PrPro creates a sequence at the settings needed by the footage. In CS6, you drag & drop a clip onto the "New Item" icon bottom right corner of the Project Panel. But, if you get error message while importing MXF files to Premiere, you need help from third party program.

What I used is Brorsoft MXF Converter. With it, you not only can encode videos to Premiere MPEG-2 format, but also can transcode videos for editing in other NLEs like ProRes, Pinnacle, Avid, Windows Movie Maker and more. If you are a Mac user, pls turn to Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac[/b]. Now, download the software on computer and start conversion.

How to Edit MXF footage in Premiere

Step One: Install and launch the MXF Converter to your PC, and then load source MXF clips to the software. You can import MXF clips to the program through "Add Video" button or "Add from folder" button.

Step Two: For encoding MXF to Premiere, please click "Format" menu firstly and then follow "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" > "MPEG-2 (*.mpg)".

Tip (Optinal):In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Step Three: Click the arrow button to start converting MXF to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro.

When the conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported MPEG-2 files. Now, it's easy for you to edit MXF video files in Premiere. Enjoy!

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic