Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Google Ads

Search

Advanced Search

Open AVCHD .mts files in Final Cut Pro

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
monica66

Antigua and Barbuda AU South Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:04 am   Post subject:  Open AVCHD .mts files in Final Cut Pro Back to top 

It's a frequently asked question on forums these years: How to edit MTS files in FCP.

As far as I know, Final Cut Pro 7 (and any previous version) does not have native editing support for AVCHD footage. If you wanna get a fluent workflow of MTS files in FCP. Follow up this article.

To achieve the goal, Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is recommended for you. With it, you can convert the .mts files to Apple ProRes codec for Final Cut Pro easily editing.

Moreover, this Mac AVCHD converter also supports converting AVCHD MTS footage to iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Express and more to meet your needs. If you wanna get Apple ProRes codec on PC, Brorsoft MTS Converter is your first choice. Now, download the software on computer and follow the guide below to start conversion.

How to Open MTS video files in FCP

Step One: Download and run Mac MTS to FCP Converter, you can click "Add Video" button (or "Add from folder") to load AVCHD MTS source files.

Step Two: Click on "Format" bar and set a FCP friendly format in dropdown-list. You are advised to "Follow Final Cut Pro" template and "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" format.

Tip: Go to "Settings" page to customize proper video/audio parameters if necessary.

Step Three: Tap "Convert" button to start converting the MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP. After conversion just click the "Open" button to locate converted video files for FCP post-production seamlessly.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic