Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Google Ads

Search

Advanced Search

Play and Edit Canon MXF videos on Mac&Windows

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
monica66

Antigua and Barbuda AU South Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:12 am   Post subject:  Play and Edit Canon MXF videos on Mac&Windows Back to top 

Wanna smoothly play and edit Canon MXF videos on Mac&Windows? Follow this article.

Canon adopts file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MXF File Wrapper to ensure the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. Moreover, it offers XF Utility to help users play MXF videos in NLEs. However, users still meet troubles while playing and editing Canon MXF files on Mac&Windows.

"Can you edit mxf videos in Avid on Macos Sierra? I received an error message while importing Canon MXF files to Avid. Windows Avid also refused my MXF videos. Why? Much frustrated! Do you have any solution of editing Canon MXF videos on Mac&Windows?"

Solution: Get Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac (Windows version) on your computer

This professional MXF Converter not only can deal with MXF files from Canon, but also supports Sony/Panasonic MXF footages. It's able to transcode MXF files to any popular video formats including MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, FLV, MPEG, as well as some professional encoders, Apple Intermediate Codec, ProRes and DNxHD - ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or Avid Media Composer. Now, let's start conversion.

Guide on transcoding MXF videos on Mac&Windows

Step One: Set up the best MXF Converter on computer, drag&drop the MXF files into the program directly to convert.

Step Two: In "Format" column, you can choose various outputs for playing and editing like Apple ProRes, DNxHD, AIC, MPEG-2, MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI .etc.

Step Three: Tap "Convert" button to start Canon MXF to MP4/MOV/FLV/AVI/MPEG conversion. After the conversion, you can click "Open" button to locate the converted video files. Now you can edit, play or upload your Canon MXF files with no hassle.

Additional Tips:

1. You can click "Settings" button to adjust output parameters as you want, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.
2. "3D" Edit function on the top of main interface helps you crop, trim, add watermark or adjust effect to the MXF videos before conversion.

Read More:

How to Fix Corrupt MXF files
How to Edit Canon C300 Mark II videos in Premiere
How to Transfer Canon XC15 MXF videos to Premiere
How to Edit Canon C500 4K MXF files in Premiere

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic