Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Google Ads

Search

Advanced Search

Adanaxis Bug Report forum

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
admin
Site Admin

United Kingdom UK Cambridgeshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 am   Post subject:  Adanaxis Bug Report forum Reply with quoteBack to top 

Hi all,

This forum is for posting bug and problem reports for the Adanaxis game. Feel free to post about any and all problems here, and don't forget to mention your version and platform if it's relevant. Thanks for your feedback, it's a great help!

Download Post  No rating    
the_13th_saint
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:01 am   Post subject:  Re: Adanaxis Bug Report forum Reply with quoteBack to top 

I like the game idea greatly. The fourth dimension user interface would work awesomely if the scroll wheel of a mouse was used to control it freeing up the other hand to control the ship's movement better. I had some difficulty adjusting the keys and controls in the game though. I look forward to these improvements.

mac os x 10.4.9 PPC G4 ibook 1.42ghz 1.5Gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 32 Mb video ram

-13th

Download Post  No rating    
loki_clock

USA US New Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:17 am   Post subject:   Reply with quoteBack to top 

Guest wrote (View Post): ›
I like the game idea greatly. The fourth dimension user interface would work awesomely if the scroll wheel of a mouse was used to control it freeing up the other hand to control the ship's movement better. I had some difficulty adjusting the keys and controls in the game though. I look forward to these improvements.

mac os x 10.4.9 PPC G4 ibook 1.42ghz 1.5Gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 32 Mb video ram

-13th

The control scheme in the newer version uses the sroll wheel and varies greatly in general.

Download Post  No rating    
southa

United Kingdom UK Cambridgeshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:29 pm   Post subject:  Re: Adanaxis Bug Report forum Reply with quoteBack to top 

Scroll wheels are a bit tricky because they generate a click event each time they're moved, instead of the smooth position information that you get from the mouse position. Most are really granular, although Apple's Mighty Mouse is better than most. It's difficult to use them for aiming control because they're not accurate enough. Nice idea though!

A two-button mouse is one way to free up your other hand. A standard USB PC mouse plugged into a Mac will do, using a right button drag to aim in z. A Mighty Mouse will do this if you configure the right side click as 'Secondary Button' in the System Preferences, although this mouse isn't ideal because there's only one switch so you need to release one button (i.e. side) before using the other.

Control key reconfiguration is broken in 0.7.0. I've just posted a patch to this forum to fix it.

Download Post  No rating    
loki_clock

USA US New Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:14 am   Post subject:   Reply with quoteBack to top 

southa wrote (View Post): ›
Scroll wheels are a bit tricky because they generate a click event each time they're moved, instead of the smooth position information that you get from the mouse position. Most are really granular, although Apple's Mighty Mouse is better than most. It's difficult to use them for aiming control because they're not accurate enough. Nice idea though!

A two-button mouse is one way to free up your other hand. A standard USB PC mouse plugged into a Mac will do, using a right button drag to aim in z. A Mighty Mouse will do this if you configure the right side click as 'Secondary Button' in the System Preferences, although this mouse isn't ideal because there's only one switch so you need to release one button (i.e. side) before using the other.

Control key reconfiguration is broken in 0.7.0. I've just posted a patch to this forum to fix it.

That's relieving. The newer interface is a little awkward for me, as I'm used to having the extra rotations configured to keys, so I can rotate on all axes (except the default hidden axis) at once... Also, I can't move and rotate at the same time.

Download Post  No rating    
loki_clock

USA US New Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:48 am   Post subject:  Re: Adanaxis Bug Report forum Reply with quoteBack to top 

Nevermind! As it turns out, running my moniter at 800x600 was actually making it worse! I ran it at regular size, I could move and rotate simultaneously just fine, and it didn't lag near as bad. I went through Skirmish again, and it was actually quite exhilerating. I had XY and ZW set to mouse y and x respectively, with the mouse click as a toggle, and ZY and ZX set to the same, but with / as a toggle. The Y and Z movements were in neighboring keys, but I ended up not using them. It was fantastic. Once Wiimote drivers have advanced to the point where you can take advantage of all of it's rotations and functions, I will definitely be using it to play Adanaxis.

Download Post  No rating    
keturn

USA US Oregon
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject:  wiimote Reply with quoteBack to top 

loki_clock wrote (View Post): ›
Once Wiimote drivers have advanced to the point where you can take advantage of all of it's rotations and functions, I will definitely be using it to play Adanaxis.

Woah. Most excellent idea. Maybe. I can't tell yet. I know I've found the wiimote in first-person-shooters like "Red Steel" inferior to mouselook -- the "point at the edge of the screen to turn" thing is so much slower than the mouse. Using the accelerometer instead of the IR camera doesn't suffer from that so much, but I guess it's not accurate enough for targeting...

Download Post  No rating    
loki_clock

USA US New Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:55 pm   Post subject:   Reply with quoteBack to top 

I'm certain you could just set it so that the turning speed is sensitive to the distance from the center.

Download Post  No rating    
dima-simfer
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 am   Post subject:   Reply with quoteBack to top 

I don't have any symbols in this game. Only hihghlited lines. No text at all.
Ubuntu 9.04. Game i took from repository. Can't tell version. What other info need?

Download Post  No rating    
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 am   Post subject:   Reply with quoteBack to top 

Guest wrote (View Post): ›
I don't have any symbols in this game. Only hihghlited lines. No text at all.
Ubuntu 9.04. Game i took from repository. Can't tell version. What other info need?

Graphics card will probably help.

Download Post  No rating    

Jump to:   

Quick Reply:
Username: 

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum