Mushware :: Mushware web site

MushwareAdanaxis Bug ReportsAdanaxis wont run on Mac

#1:  Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: Guest Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 30, 2007 4:36 am

Everytime I open Adanaxis on my mac it displays this message:

" Error: Binding shader: GL invalid operation"

What the hell does that mean and how do I fix it? Adanaxis looks like a pretty cool game, I was even feeling inclined to buy it!

#2:  Re: Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: admin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 30, 2007 7:21 am

Hi,

If this is from the 0.7.0 version it means that the game can't set up its OpenGL shaders for 4D. Can you tell me what sort of Mac you're using (including the graphics card if it has one), and which version of OS X?

One thing to try is a safe mode start - hold down a shift key as the game starts up. That'll force it not to use the compiled shaders and just do everything on the CPU. Bit slower but it should work.

#3:  Re: Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: Guest Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Well, the holding down of the shift button worked, but how do I get it to play full screen? It will only run in a window and it makes it nigh impossible to steer or aim.

#4:  Re: Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: admin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 pm

On the options menu you should be able to change the display mode to a full screen one.

#5:  Re: Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: Guest Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks a bundle! maybe once this thing is released in beta form I'll make a purchase.

#6:  Re: Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: admin Post You have posted in this forum: Thu May 31, 2007 3:31 am

Thanks for the feedback! This sort of thing is pretty vital to me. There's still some sort of problem in the software because it should automatically detect whether compiled shaders will work before trying to use them (and fall back to the main CPU if not). It sounds like that's not working for you. If you let me know what hardware and OS X you're using I'll delve a bit deeper. Would you be able to beta test any fixes for me?

Incidentally the compiled shaders in Adanaxis won't work on Mac OS X earlier than 10.4.3, as that's when Apple first introduced their support OpenGL Shading Language. This is what the game uses to move the 4D calculations onto the graphics chip, freeing up your CPU for other stuff. Without them, you will get a bit of a slowdown when there are a lot of ships on the screen.

#7:   Author: loki_clock Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 pm

admin wrote (View Post): ›
Thanks for the feedback! This sort of thing is pretty vital to me. There's still some sort of problem in the software because it should automatically detect whether compiled shaders will work before trying to use them (and fall back to the main CPU if not). It sounds like that's not working for you. If you let me know what hardware and OS X you're using I'll delve a bit deeper. Would you be able to beta test any fixes for me?

Incidentally the compiled shaders in Adanaxis won't work on Mac OS X earlier than 10.4.3, as that's when Apple first introduced their support OpenGL Shading Language. This is what the game uses to move the 4D calculations onto the graphics chip, freeing up your CPU for other stuff. Without them, you will get a bit of a slowdown when there are a lot of ships on the screen.

I get that slowdown anyway (using 10.4.9) but that's the fault of my pitiful RAM.

#8:  Re: Adanaxis wont run on Mac Author: admin Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 pm

I found a bug that might be causing the startup problem Embarassed . I've fixed it in a new version (0.7.2) that you can download here. This should also let you play at full speed instead of in safe mode. I hope it does the trick. Wink
MushwareAdanaxis Bug ReportsAdanaxis wont run on Mac

Generated using printer-friendly.