Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Google Ads

Search

Advanced Search

the three-dot marker

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
keturn

USA US Oregon
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:07 pm   Post subject:  the three-dot marker Reply with quoteBack to top 

Right, so, the targeting system has three dots. But as the documentation points out, the red and green dots are redundant, as if the target is in your crosshairs, they will already be lined up. and the target's position on the screen gives you an indication of which way you need to turn to put it in your crosshairs.

So it's the blue dot that's most important, as that information isn't available elsewhere on the interface. Unfortunately, blue is the hardest color for me to pick out, the least bright. It's not so bad against the blackness of space, but when trying to figure out how to get that "locked-on blue" to change to "spinning red" against the mottled translucent surface of a ship, it's not very visible at all. Can the colors be changed?

The other thing that would be nice is some sort of distance-to-target indicator. It'd be handy, what with the targets translucent or invisible half the time, and it would make it a little easier to figure out what was going on during XZ/YZ rotations.

overall though, a wonderfully implementation of a mind-bending idea here. gotta say though, the first caravan mission is still kicking my ass.

Download Post  No rating    
southa

United Kingdom UK Cambridgeshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: the three-dot marker Reply with quoteBack to top 

Hi!

Yes, you can change the colours but you'll have to edit the textures in a graphics editor that understands the alpha channel in TIFF files. Packages like the GIMP, Corel Painter or Photoshop will do it. The texture to edit is called symbol1.tiff in the pixels folder of the Adanaxis data files and you need to re-colour the blue dot without changing it's alpha channel. There's no easier way to do it I'm afraid.

Yep, the caravan is tricky, but you can always blow up one or two of your own ordnance carriers to get the weapons they're carrying Smile There are a few ways to approach this one.

Download Post  No rating    
loki_clock

USA US New Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:01 pm   Post subject:   Reply with quoteBack to top 

Yeah, the red and green dots are kind of redundant, but it helps with recognizing it as an actual axis of space by comparison to the ones you visualize normally.

Download Post  No rating    

Jump to:   

Quick Reply:
Username: 

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum